Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Liang Kee Teochew Restaurant @ Whampoa West

We had a family dinner at Liang Kee Teochew Restaurant at Whampoa West last night. When my cousin told me about the venue, I was scratching my head, wondering where Whampoa West is. I checked the street directory and saw the nearest train station being at Boon Keng.

When I alighted at the Boon Keng station, I thought I would take some time in trying to find the place. Little did I know the block is just next to the station! However, being a very long block of flats, I had to walk all the way down to the other end to reach the restaurant.

The food is average. Because I had a full lunch, I did not wish to eat too much dinner, so I only settled for some vegetables, meat dishes and fish maw soup. It is a typical Teochew cuisine of nine courses, but I was so full that I could not eat anymore after the fourth dish!

At least I know this is a place I would sure go again! Good food, great service. Of all the mid-range Chinese restaurants, this is one of the better ones!

Cuisine : Chinese - Teochew
Food : 3.5 out of 5
Price : No comment as I did not foot the bill

No comments:

Rabbit Brand Seafood @ Lucky Plaza

I had dinner with a friend at Rabbit Brand Seafood tonight. It is a little eatery situated at the second floor of Lucky Plaza, up the esca...