Friday, July 16, 2010

Above And Beyond - A Collection Of Recipes From Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel

It is here! Finally! The Singapore Airlines cookbook, written by is panel of celebrity chefs. I had it ordered online at its Kris Shop, and it came in a UPS sealed envelope, in mint condition! That is the efficiency of SIA!


While looking through this, I notice that there are lots of interesting recipes - some are straight forward, some not so straight forward. The recipes and pictures are so delicious that I felt like eating them there and then!

But the first question that went through my mind was that : are these recipes and food actually served on airplanes?

Personally, in all my years of taking airplanes, I have never come across food that is so beautifully prepared and presented. The airplane food I have partaken all come in a box, like the Japanese bento set, or else would be a normal kind of set meal. I have never eaten such beautiful and delicious creations as in the book!

I cannot wait to go back and try out the recipes in there! Hopefully my concoctions will not be disastrous!

No comments:

Rabbit Brand Seafood @ Lucky Plaza

I had dinner with a friend at Rabbit Brand Seafood tonight. It is a little eatery situated at the second floor of Lucky Plaza, up the esca...