Monday, December 20, 2010

Forlino @ One Fullerton

We had a pre-Christmas dinner at Forlino at One Fullerton, an Italian restaurant by the Singapore River and Esplanade which I have always wanted to try. The restaurant has an entrance that is like a maze because when we went up to the second floor, we had to pass by a long corridor, another flight of steps, and then a narrow alleyway-like corridor before we finally arrived at the actual restaurant itself.


By the time I entered, I was hungry and tired. Luckily we were seated at a place by the glass panel so we could have a good look at the view outside.

View outside the restaurant

Dinner started with a glass of champagne, in my case rose sparkling wine.




The appetizer is small but tasty, followed by the bread, which I felt was unique due to the shape and design.



Main course was pasta and beef, that comes with a mixture of other kinds of vegetables and food thrown into one. The beef is finely done, although nothing can ever beat the steak at Morton's!



Initially I was thinking of ordering dessert, but after the meal, especially the big flat bread, I was so full that I could hardly eat anything else!

Overall it was a normal dining experience. For the price we paid, there are other places that are more worth it with much better food too! This is a place where service counts above all!

Food : 2.5 out of 5
Ambience : 3.5 out of 5
Service : 4 out of 5
Price : 1.5 out of 5

No comments:

Rabbit Brand Seafood @ Lucky Plaza

I had dinner with a friend at Rabbit Brand Seafood tonight. It is a little eatery situated at the second floor of Lucky Plaza, up the esca...