Saturday, February 19, 2011

Moi Lum 梅琳 @ Maxwell

I went for a belated Lunar New Year celebration-cum-gathering of friends at this Chinese restaurant called Moi Lum. There was still a set menu for Lunar New Year despite the fifteen days already being over.


The restaurant was empty save for a few tables occupied by old men whom I suspected were school friends having their fiftieth reunion or something. The interior of the restaurant was brightly lit with quite a number of pillars, making the seating cramped and crowded.

The first dish was lo hei (what else?!), and after we were done with the dish it was a mess!



Second dish was Shark's Fin Soup. Much as I do not feel comfortable taking shark's fin due to all the killing of the sharks around, I was overruled - 9 against 1. :-(


Third dish was vegetables, that tasted salty, followed by roasted crispy chicken that tasted even saltier.



Then there was a dish of bean curd with mayonnaise.


Prawns came next. At least the prawns were fresh enough although small.


Finally noodles, followed by mango sago pudding as dessert.



I must say, the food is not that impressive. It was not cheap for lunch, around S$50.00 per person. I would kind of think for that kind of price, there would be better food being served. Overall I would not really recommend, but that is just one person's opinion!

Food : 2 out of 5
Ambience : 1 out of 5
Service : 2 out of 5
Price : 2 out of 5

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Rabbit Brand Seafood @ Lucky Plaza

I had dinner with a friend at Rabbit Brand Seafood tonight. It is a little eatery situated at the second floor of Lucky Plaza, up the esca...