Sunday, May 8, 2011

Plane Food

For the first time, I get to go on a business trip, and for the first time, I took Singapore Airlines Business Class. I have bought the cookbook from Singapore Airlines some time back, and was wondering if they indeed serve those kinds of food on a mere plane? But now that I have taken Business Class, I realise that the passengers are really served well.

Besides reclining seats where one can lie sprawled out like on a bed and sleep, the table can also be extended into a long dining table. So come meal time, there would be white table clothes, utensils wrapped in white cloths, and generally a classy setting.

And the food! It is a normal three-course meal that is about the same standard at any good restaurant! I thoroughly enjoyed it! My first business class experience is really good! Now I really cannot go back to being a normal passenger in economy anymore!

First lunch - table setting

Appetizer - carpacio beef with udon

First dinner - Appetizer (Satay)

Entree - beef salad

Main course - Cod Fillet with potatoes

Dessert - Tiramisu cheesecake

In comparison, the food on other planes just do not seem that appetizing. On my way back, I took the same kind of food as well, although with a different menu. What made me so happy was that after days of eating casual American fare, I wanted to taste real honest-to-goodness local cuisine, and fried rice is on the menu! Hence I ordered that for supper after sleeping for a few hours.

2nd dinner - Appetizer (salad)

Main Course - Noodles with Pork Ribs and Chicken

Dessert - Chocolate Ice Cream with Vanilla Bean

Snack - Fried Rice

The breakfast food was great too! We had a choice of all-American breakfast or local breakfast. Because I was still jetlagged and hungry, I ordered both the American breakfast and local breakfast, which happened to be nasi lemak!

All American Breakfast - Fruit platter

Bread, with butter and jam

Cornflakes with milk

Nasi Lemak

Who can believe we can actually partake such good food on a plane?

No comments:

Rabbit Brand Seafood @ Lucky Plaza

I had dinner with a friend at Rabbit Brand Seafood tonight. It is a little eatery situated at the second floor of Lucky Plaza, up the esca...