Friday, April 26, 2013

Rabbit Brand Seafood @ Lucky Plaza

I had dinner with a friend at Rabbit Brand Seafood tonight. It is a little eatery situated at the second floor of Lucky Plaza, up the escalator behind Capitol Optical. Apparently this place has been there for a very long time, but I only knew about it recently!


What is unique about the place is that despite the interesting sounding name, it sells nothing related to any "rabbit" products. I am not referring to actual rabbit meat, but things like salad or carrots. Instead, it sells seafood, and cheap seafood at that, because the company is dealing with seafood products wholesale, hence their products are much cheaper than other restaurants.
 
For instance, one Buddha Jumps Over The Wall set, complete with the rice and dessert, costs only S$10.15. The abalone set that I ordered cost S$9.15, and it comes with abalone with mushrooms and vegetables stir fried in superior oyster sauce, rice, and a bowl of cool dessert.
 
Of course, one does not exepct the abalone to be a very big piece. What I had were just small pieces. The mushrooms are bigger. But the taste is really nice. And the chilli is their specialty. One must try the chilli, be it with the rice or just eat the chilli on your own! The chilli is made from shallots, dried shrimps and sambal. Delicious chilli!

 My plate of abalone
 
 The set that comes with the rice and dessert
 
My friend also ordered a spinach beancurd for us to share. Verdict? Delicious! The beancurd is soft, the sauce is just perfect and the spinach blends with the taste of the beancurd very well.
 


If only I have discovered this place earlier! I will sure want to come back again, to order the other things on the menu!
 
This is a good place to just chill out and hang out with friends, for a good dining of "luxurious" food at very good prices!
 
Food : 4 out of 5
Ambience : Just a normal eatery
Price : 4 out of 5
Service : As I said, a normal eatery

No comments:

Rabbit Brand Seafood @ Lucky Plaza

I had dinner with a friend at Rabbit Brand Seafood tonight. It is a little eatery situated at the second floor of Lucky Plaza, up the esca...