Friday, March 22, 2013

Chong Pang Nasi Lemak @ Sembawang

I have always been a nasi lemak (aka coconut rice) fan. The rice with the combination of peanuts, anchovies and fish always taste so good! Through the years, I developed from eating coconut rice on banana leaves, to little brown packets, to paper plates. The ingredients have also changed, from normal anchovies and nuts to luncheon meat, chicken wing, anchovies and even vegetables! But the rice and the chilli still remain the same, and these two are the best in coconut rice.
 
My favourite nasi lemak stall has to be Punggol Nasi Lemak, situated at Tanjong Katong. The rice is so fragrant, and the chilli the perfect sambal. What I like about this nasi lemak is the chicken wing. The chicken wings are fried to perfection - crunchy, aromatic yet soft at the same time. I will always go back there and order extra chicken wings!
 
Some time ago, I heard about Chong Pang Nasi Lemak, found at Chong Pang village somewhere in Sembawang, right next to Chong Pang camp. Since I needed to go around there yesterday, I thought I could finally try the Chong Pang nasi lemak which people are also raving about.
 
Chong Pang Nasi Lemak is a stall in a corner shophouse, same as Punggol Nasi Lemak. We also have to order the ingredients we prefer, and the staff will then put it over the rice and spread the chilli at the side, same as the Punggol one.

 Entrance to Chong Pang Nasi Lemak
 
 Variety of ingredients to choose from
 
The price is also not that cheap. My order of nasi lemak with one friend egg, long beans, anchovies and two chicken wings came up to more than S$5.00. I think a price war can be started between Punggol Nasi Lemak and Chong Pang Nasi Lemak.
 

This cost more than S$5.00!
 
My verdict? Even though Chong Pang Nasi Lemak tastes nice, it is just another nasi lemak dish. I really wonder why the hype when I find it is not as appealing as it looks. I prefer the Punggol Nasi Lemak anytime, especially for that kind of price!
 
Food : 3 out of 5
Service : 4 out of 5
Price : 3 out of 5


No comments:

Rabbit Brand Seafood @ Lucky Plaza

I had dinner with a friend at Rabbit Brand Seafood tonight. It is a little eatery situated at the second floor of Lucky Plaza, up the esca...