Friday, March 8, 2013

T.G.I. Friday's @ I12 Katong

I finally went to T.G.I Friday's for dinner after it came back to our shores after ten years or so. My impression of the restaurant now is not as good as before. I used to be so awed by this place, but now, I find it a typical diner.
 
Perhaps because it is now situated in a shopping mall (I12 Katong) instead of The Glass House, so the ambience is not as romantic or cosy anymore. And now it has alfresco sitting too, hence many kids were sitting outside the restaurant. I think alfresco sitting is more romantic, but the waitress gave us a table inside.
 
The menu has changed. No longer is it serving my favourite mudpie. And there is no jukebox anymore, at least I do not see it. Despite that, the food is good though. I ordered the Jack Daniel's Sirloin Steak, with American cut. The steak is a big cut (although I suspect it is much bigger in United States itself), and comes with two sides.
 
I ordered medium, and the steak is perfectly done in medium! The texture of the steak is good, although not as thick as some steaks I have seen. Besides, the Jack Daniel's sauce is fantastic! The sauce lingers in my mouth after I ate up the steak! I really must find out how to make this sauce!

My sirloin steak, American cut, cooked medium, with two sides of mashed potato, seasonal vegetables and thick Jack Daniel's sauce

 My dinner companion ordered a ribeye steak, medium rare, Australian cut, with two sides of chips (fries) and seasonal vegetables. The steak looks smaller than mine though, maybe because it is an Australian cut, but the broccoli is gigantic!

Ribeye steak, Australian cut, cooked medium rare, with chips (fries) and seasonal vegetables
 
I must say, T.G.I Friday's is still a cool place to hang out, especially for expatriates and kids. One can know that the food is good from the number of expatriates (ie Caucasians) going to the restaurant. The service staff is also polite and friendly. I hope I can have the chance to go back there again, to try out the other dishes on the menu!
 
 
Food : 4 out of 5
Service : 4 out of 5
Price : 3 out of 5
Ambience : 3.5 out of 5

No comments:

Rabbit Brand Seafood @ Lucky Plaza

I had dinner with a friend at Rabbit Brand Seafood tonight. It is a little eatery situated at the second floor of Lucky Plaza, up the esca...