Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cookies For Sid

Following the concept of Twelve Cupcakes, where little pieces of small but very delicious cakes are sold at exorbitant prices, Cookies For Sid have recently opened to sell cookies at exorbitant prices. There are prices for one, three, six and twelve cookies. Seems like all good things come in threes nowadays.
 
I have come across the outlet some time back but the prices put me off. Recently I came across the outlet again, and this time, I thought to buy some and try. Afterall, who can resist a well-baked chocolate chip cookie? Definitely not me!
 
Since it is Easter, there is a special Easter cookie, made with chocolate topped with M&Ms. I was intrigued and went to take a look. There are a few flavours, namely chocolate chip, nutella, hazelnut, pistachio, crunchy oat and Easter.
 
Since I wanted to try out, I bought a set of six cookies for S$7.80, consisting of two chocolate chip, two nutella, and two Easter. The cookies are placed in a nice white sheer paper, and put into a nice blue box that resembles a jewellery box from Tiffany's.

The packaging the cookies come in

 The cookie box
 
Each cookie is individually placed in a sheer white packing like this
 

Back of the packing sheet
 
My order (from left) - two chocolate chip, two Easter and two nutella
 
The chocolate chip cookies are the hottest selling item. No guesses why. The cookie is baked to a crisp brown embedded with chocolate chips (what else?) that just melts in my mouth. Delicious!
 
The Easter cookie is essentially chocolate chip cookies embedded with M&Ms, which I find a tad overkill. Somehow the chocolate chips override the taste of the M&Ms, so it taste like any normal chocolate chip cookies.
 
The nutella flavour is essentially the dark chocolate sauce with hazelnut, but although the actual nutella tastes much sweeter, the cookie tastes a tad dry. Personally I think the cookie can do without the hazelnut as it tastes alright on its own, but somehow seems more dry with the nuts.
 
All in all, the cookies taste like any normal chocolate cookies that one can get from Famous Amos or some other place. I would not spend that amount getting a set, unless for very special occasions. Still, the cookies come in big pieces so one cookie itself can cure hunger pangs for those who are in need of an emergency snack.
 
Why is this called Cookies For Sid? It is named after the blue cookie monster from Sesame Street, whose real name is Sid. This symbolises the love for cookies, like the cute blue monster, hence the box is also blue.
 
One box of six cookies is a good treat to take to any housewarming or to any party, but if one is to have an event, I think I would prefer a box of Twelve Cupcakes instead.

No comments:

Rabbit Brand Seafood @ Lucky Plaza

I had dinner with a friend at Rabbit Brand Seafood tonight. It is a little eatery situated at the second floor of Lucky Plaza, up the esca...